SideScanning™ Technical Brief
SideScanning™ – Inside the Engine that Powers Orca Security
With no on-prem environments to protect, Orca was free to create a cloud-native security platform without the constraints of agents and network scanners.
Delivered as SaaS, Orca’s SideScanning™ technology reads your cloud configuration and workloads’ runtime block storage out-of-band, giving you workload-level security across AWS, Azure, and GCP － without the gaps in coverage and operational costs of agents.
But how does this radical new approach work? Download this technical brief to gain a better understanding of:
- Traditional methods such as agent-based, authenticated, and unauthenticated scanning, as well as cloud security posture managers (CSPMs)
- Orca’s 5-minute onboarding process
- The power of addressing both the control plane and data plane at once
- The scanning process for vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, malware, lateral movement risk, exploitable keys, weak passwords, and unsecured sensitive data
- How Orca prioritizes risk based on environmental context